We’ve taken our favorite white pizza and turned it into a delicious lactose free grilled cheese sandwich.
What you’ll need:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c frozen leaf spinach
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- fresh basil, torn
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices or approximately 2 oz. of Apollo’s Gift Mozzarella Jack
margarine for frying
- Preheat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen spinach and continue sautéing for another 5 minutes or until spinach is cooked.
- Slice the tomato and then cut the slices into half moons.
- Place 4 slices of bread on your work surface. To assemble the sandwiches, place the cheese on top of the bread.
- Divide the sautéed spinach and garlic mixture evenly between the sandwiches. Top the spinach with slices of tomato. Sprinkle with the torn basil.
- Spread margarine on the remaining 4 slices of bread. Top each sandwich with a slice of bread, margarine side up.
- Melt 1 – 2 T of margarine in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook them until cheese begins to melt and the bread is light golden brown.
- Gently flip the sandwich over and continue cooking until that side is golden brown. Move the sandwiches to your work surface to cut them in half for serving.