This salad is sweet and spicy for those hot summer days.
Made with Apollo’s Gift Lactose Free Cheese and Tequila-Lime Dressing
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 c fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/3 to 1/2 c simple syrup*
- 3 T tequila
- 1/2 c red onion, diced
- 2 1/2 c watermelon, cubed
- 1 1/2 c honeydew melon, cubed
- 2 c pineapple, cubed
- 2 mangoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 c cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 T jalapeño chile, chopped
- 6 Apollo’s Gift lactose free cheese snack sticks, cubed
- Combine 1/2 cup lime juice, simple syrup and 3 tablespoons tequila. Taste for sweetness, adding additional simple syrup if necessary. Set dressing aside.
- Pour remaining lime juice over onions in small bowl. Salt. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine watermelon, honeydew, pineapple, mango, cilantro and jalapeño. Drain onions and add to salad, discarding lime juice. Starting with 1/2 cup, pour dressing over and stir. Add additional dressing, if desired. Add Apollo’s Gift cheese and stir gently. Set aside and let season 10-15 minutes. Best served immediately in shallow bowls to capture some of the juices/dressing with the fruit.
- *To make simple syrup, place 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup sugar in saucepan. Bring to boil and boil briefly, until sugar dissolves. Cool. Some liquor stores sell bottled simple syrup.
Photo and adapted recipe courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin