This cheesy Southwestern quiche gets its kick from spicy jalapeño peppers.
What You'll Need:
- 2/3 c cornmeal
- 1 T butter
- 3/4 t salt, divided
- 1 2/3 c cold water
- 6 Apollo’s Gift lactose free cheese snack sticks, chopped
- 2 T flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 c lactose free milk
- 1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1/2 c red pepper, chopped
- 1 T jalapeño chile, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together cornmeal, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water in 1 1/2-quart casserole; cover. Microwave on high 3 minutes; stir. Continue microwaving 4 to 5 minutes or until the batter is very thick, stirring every 2 minutes. Spread batter onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate to form a crust.
- In small bowl, toss cheese with flour. In separate bowl, beat eggs; stir in milk, spinach, pepper, jalapeño, garlic, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until set.
Photo and adapted recipe courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin