Here’s a quick, easy, and clean twist on an Italian favorite.
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb. pasta, we used Barilla Mezzi Rigatoni
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- 9 sticks or approximately 6 oz. of Apollo’s Gift, cubed
- 2-3 T fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes in half or thirds depending upon their size.
- Place the tomatoes in a baking pan.
- Pour the olive oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Roast the tomatoes for 20-25 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- When the tomatoes are soft and roasted, removed them from the oven.
- Let them cool slightly and then add the vinegar, mixing thoroughly.
- Cube the Apollo’s Gift cheese.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain it but do not rinse. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- Add the cubed cheese, tomato mixture, and basil to the pasta. Mix gently as the cheese begins to melt.
- Top the pasta with a bit more freshly ground sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!