This healthy and delicious pasta dish is made with sweet chicken sausage, fresh vegetables, and chunks of Apollo’s Gift lactose free cheese.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces (about 3 cups) dried orecchiette pasta
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 bunch spinach or curly kale, stems trimmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound precooked Italian chicken sausage, sliced 1-inch thick and cut in pieces
- 6 Apollo’s Gift lactose free cheese snack sticks, cubed
- Heat oven to 400°F. Toss tomatoes on rimmed baking pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and collapsed, 20-25 minutes.
- Cook orecchiette in large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat; add garlic and cook until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove garlic and add kale to skillet; lower heat and cover. Cook 2 minutes to wilt; stir in cooked, drained pasta, sausage and tomatoes. Heat through.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in cheese.
Photo and adapted recipe courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin