Heading to your local farmer’s market this weekend? Pick up some fresh veggies and eggs to make this yummy frittata!
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups Apollo’s Gift, shredded or cubed
- 1 cup frozen spinach, cooked, drained, and cooled
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 4 yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 to 6 mini colored peppers, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease a glass pie dish with margarine or cooking spray.
- Prepare your veggies! We used frozen chopped spinach that we cooked in the microwave. Drain the spinach and set it aside to cool. Chop the onions.
- Shred 2 cups (approximately 8 oz.) Apollo’s Gift 100% Lactose Free Natural Cheese.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk your eggs. Add the spinach, chopped onions, and shredded cheese. Mix all ingredients together and pour into the pre-greased pie dish.
- Thinly slice the peppers to create rings to use as petals, and half the yellow cherry tomatoes to use as the flower’s center. 6. Assemble the tomatoes and peppers in a pretty floral pattern atop the egg, cheese, and vegetable mixture.
- Bake the frittata for 30 minutes, or until the center is firm to the touch. Makes approximately 6 servings.