These cheese and veggie egg puffs are so cute and so easy to make.
Makes 12 egg puffs.
What you’ll need:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 Apollo’s Gift Lactose Free Mozzarella Jack snack sticks
- 8 eggs
- ½ c 2% lactose free milk
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin pan.
- Add olive oil and chopped vegetables to skillet. Sauté veggies over medium heat until softened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Cut the Apollo’s Gift Lactose Free Cheese snack sticks into ½ inch cubes, approximately 8 cubes per stick.
- Add the cheese cubes to the vegetable mixture. Toss lightly. Add salt and freshly ground pepper if desired.
- Fill greased muffin cups with the cheese and veggie mixture, distributing the mixture evenly among the cups.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl. Whisk together with the lactose free milk.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and vegetables, filling the muffin cups almost to the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffs are set and light, golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Serve with fresh fruit for a healthy, lactose free start to your day.