Our much loved baked artichoke dip is a party favorite.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large shallot
- 1 large or 2 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley, stems trimmed
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 14ox cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 oz Apollo’s Gift lactose free Mozzarella Jack, cubed
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 c mayonnaise
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 c unseasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1 T olive oil
- Pinah Rye chips or pita chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, mince the shallot and garlic together. Add the parsley and the oregano. Pulse to mince the herbs together with the shallot and garlic mixture.
- Add the drained artichoke hearts and pulse to coarsely chop them and incorporate them into the garlic and herb mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Place the cubed Apollo’s Gift cheese into the food processor and process he cheese until it is finely chopped.
- Add the cheese to the artichoke mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together and spoon the dip into a baking dish.
- To make the topping place the Panko bread crumbs in a small bowl. Add the olive oil and mix it together with the Panko until the olive oil is incorporated into the bread crumbs. Spoon the Panko topping over the artichoke dip mixture
- Bake for 30 – 45 minutes until the topping is lightly browned and toasted and the dip is hot and bubbly. Serve hot.