This classic favorite is loaded with a delicious combination of crisp, healthy vegetables that burst with flavor. Oh so good!
What You'll Need
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 2 T capers
- 1 T fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Apollo’s Gift lactose free cheese snack sticks, cubed
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 4 T olive oil
Seed and chop one red and one green bell pepper. Place the peppers in a large salad bowl. Thinly slice 1/2 of a red onion and add it to the peppers. Add 1/2 cup pitted and sliced Kalamata olives and 2 tablespoons capers. Toss everything together.
Add one tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano and one finely minced large clove of garlic. Peel and slice one large cucumber. Add the cucumber to the salad mixture. Halve one cup of cherry tomatoes, adding them to the salad bowl.
Next, take four Apollo’s Gift lactose free cheese snack sticks and cube them into approximately 1/2 inch cubes. Add the cubed cheese, two tablespoons red wine vinegar, and 4 tablespoons olive oil to the salad mixture. Toss everything together to evenly coat the vegetables with the red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing and serve.